Before giving you the recipes of my two favorite avocado snacks, let us first know the different healthy advantages of eating avocados. Avocados are known for being a healthy fat. In fact, the 77% calories of it consists of fat, making it one of the fattiest plant based foods. The fat in avocado is oleic acid which is also the major component of olive oil, thus explains some of the health benefits. They are highly nutritious, they are high in Vitamin K, Folate, Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin B5 & B6, and Vitamin E. They also contain magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, and etc.
7% of an avocado’s weight consists of rich fiber, which is beneficial when it comes to weight loss and metabolic health. Avocado also helps decrease the risk in heart diseases since they improve your cholesterol and triglycerides. In addition, there are limited studies which state that avocados can help prevent cancer. Now that you have a little knowledge about avocados, I will be giving you two delicious avocado snack recipes: Guacamole Dip and Avocado Egg.
- Guacamole Dip
- 2 Avocados ( peeled, Pitted, and Mashed)
- ½ lime (Juiced)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ minced onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantros
- 2 plum tomatoes (sliced) *you can use different tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- A pinch of pepper
- In a bowl, place and mash the avocados with lime juice, and salt
- Add and mix in your onion, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and pepper
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour
- Enjoy your guacamole dip with some chips, or a salad
- Avocado Egg
- 1 avocado (peeled and Pitted)
- 2 fresh eggs
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Any kind of cheese
- Slice the avocado and remove the seed
- Place 1 egg for each avocado
- Put salt, pepper, and cheese
- Place it in the toaster and let the egg in the avocado cook for 5 minutes
- After cooking the egg, you may add more salt, pepper, cheese, or any toppings you want (ex. Bacon, Cherry, tomatoes, and etc)
- Enjoy your avocado egg!
Share your experiences and healthy snack recipes by commenting down below!